Anyone can learn to collage, let me show you how!

Ask me anything

Hi, I’m Kolbi! I am a collage artist born and raised in New Jersey and currently based in Baltimore, Maryland. I create handmade and digital collages to express myself. When I find myself overwhelmed by my thoughts and emotions creating a collage helps me to relax and release. Collage work serves as my creative wellness escape. My goal is to share my wellness escape with the world. I hope to utilize collage work as a means of community connection and communication through visual storytelling within creative safe space.

Please take a moment to check out my artwork Instagram account below where you can find more picture and videos!

| https://www.instagram.com/thefreedlife_/ | www.linkedin.com/in/kolbi-wright-7853b915a

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymous question, that’s fine. Please be respectful.
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video. For videos, upload to YouTube then include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 5 business days to respond to your question.

Services

Private 1-on-1

• Price: $30 / hour

Small Group

• Price: $25 per student
  • Session length: 2 hours

Payments accepted

*Venmo

How to buy

• Please direct message me if interested in taking a collage class with me or purchasing a custom collage from me. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Interview with Talktime

What’s a fun fact about you?

*My grandma is my best friend and craft partner!

What can you talk about for hours?

I love to talk with genuine and open minded people about life! I love learning about and from others experiences and also sharing my own. I could talk about my thoughts and ideas within safe space for hours. I love to talk about collages, all things creative, FOOD, communication, mental health, and the duality and paradoxes we encounter on life’s journey.

What’s your favorite smell?

So weird (& weird is good) but I love the smell of Lowe’s and Home Depot :joy:

What are you proud of, but never have an excuse to talk about?

I’m proud of myself for being here despite the pain I often feel

What is the most normal thing about you?

The most normal thing about me is that I am imperfect, I make mistakes, and I often don’t know what I am doing. I’m really just here trying to figure this life thing out, and help/ serve others along the way!

What do you hate?

Injustice

In my words

My teaching style

My teaching style is informative yet relaxed. I want my students to leave my class with a solid understanding of what a collage is, the process to make one and the value of the creative practice. I serve as a guide and an encourager for people who are interested in learning about collage artwork and how it serve as a beautiful tool for expression and release.

What can you expect from my lessons?

My lessons provide creative safe space for people from any and all walks of life to connect, communicate, create, and have the opportunity to share their unique perspective/ lens with others.

Why me?

*Collage is “my thing”, collage is my passion, collage is what I love to do! Collage work has served as an extremely helpful way for me to work through things in my life that I often have trouble talking about or communicating with others. I can be quite introverted but collage work brings a very special energy, vibrancy and confidence out of me. Please allow me to share my unique and creative love language with you!

Why I’m passionate about this?

*I have been creating collages for about 3 years now and with each and every piece I create, it is always such a valuable and rewarding experience that I’d love to share with others!

What else I can do?

I can provide advice and resources based on my life experiences. I am a 24 year old, black woman, a sexual assault survivor, I live with anxiety, depression, passive suicidal ideation and trichotillomania, and utilize my collage work as an impactful outlet for expression. I am also currently an Arts Entrepreneurship student in the Creative Catalyst Certificate program at the University of North Carolina School of the Arts. Through the program, I am working to develop a plan to share my expressive outlet to assist and serve others. In this difficult time of increased fear, isolation, uncertainty and grief, I feel it is essential now more than ever to share my artwork and my voice to acknowledge, inspire, encourage, unify and uplift the community.

My work: