Aging in Place for Middle-Aged Adults and Seniors (Safety, Prevention, and Independence)

Introduction:
Hello everybody, my name is Will Tanner, based in Austin, Texas. I’m a licensed Occupational Therapy practitioner (rehab therapist), and I excel in working with middle-aged adults and seniors. I’m a small business owner with the goal of enabling people to age in place, delaying or preventing retirement to nursing homes, and easing the burden of care for individuals and their families. This occurs as much as necessary for anyone seeking help with this process.

I achieve this by evaluating homes, activities of daily living ADL’s), discussing with people their challenges, recommending home modifications (from low-end to high-end, or none at all if they prefer), home exercise programs, adaptations, and recommendations for any assistance individuals may need to remain independent in their own home. I look forward to working with you and your family, and please ask me anything! I have spent the majority of my adult life helping others in a variety of medical and non-medical settings.

Ask Me Anything!

I will help you for free. Here’s how it works:

• Ask me your question in the comments. If you would like to ask an anonymously, no problem!
  • If you would like me to take a look at something, post a photo or video of your home. For videos, please upload to YouTube and include the video link in the comments.
  • Please give me up to 2 business days to respond to your question.

Services: Home evaluations, home exercises, fall prevention, home modifications, and anything related to aging in place. I cannot give medical advice outside of a medical setting, but I am very familiar and have treated a wide range of diagnoses (I know what problems may arise and ways to make living easier through personal experience in healthcare). The emphasis is on safety, prevention, and independence.

Pricing:
Private 1-on-1 - $70 per hour

Group Price: $60 per hour

Packages:

• Price: $600 / month

Small Group :

• Team size (up to 5)
  • Price: $600 per student
  • Length: 4-weeks
  • Meeting: 2 times per week
  • Session length: 1 Hour
  • Start date: New groups start monthly

Payments accepted: PayPal, Cash App, Zelle, Venmo

How to buy: Direct message me if interested. I will contact you within 2 business days by sending you a message on Talktime.

Other Information:
My teaching style: I adjust my teaching style based on the learning style of my students. I can explain concepts well over the phone or teach visually, since kinesthetically is not an option!

What can you expect from my lessons?: Direct feedback, problem solving, and some homework and things to think about as you learn how to safely age in your home. I am always available for short phone calls as well before or after work hours (I am a current therapist).

Why me?: I have a lot of experience with middle-aged and senior clients and patients. I have treated a plethora of diagnoses from spinal cord injuries, hip fractures, COPD, stroke, to various dementias. I am well versed in physical and mental disabilities. Even without a disability or health concern, everyone can benefit from safety evaluations & exercise plans to make their living environment as safe and accessible as possible, while remaining strong throughout the lifespan. Many people overlook these things until they’ve had a fall, or are unable to remain independent, doing the things they love on their own time.

Why I’m passionate about this?: I believe it is an underserved population, and most people want to avoid nursing homes and remain autonomous. It is key to self-esteem and on reducing the burden of care for families. I would want the same for my parents and myself.

What else I can do?: I’m efficient at any form of organization and preparedness. I like to keep every aspect of my life highly organized, so that my mind is organized. I bring that with me in my sessions and help others become more organized in their physical environments. I talk with clients, friends, and family daily - and I’m always here if you need help.

Thank you for reading, and I look forward to working with you soon.

Best,
Will Tanner